PRE/POST NATAL MASSAGE
What is pre natal massage?
Pre natal massage is therapeutic bodywork used during pregnancy and labour, which focuses on the special needs and problem areas of the mother-to-be as her body goes through huge changes. This is a full body massage, but received in a side and semi supine position, which is extremely comfortable, using specially, designed bolsters. This allows an opportunity for the mother and baby to really relax and “be” together. Common pregnancy problems such as sinusitis and headache can effectively be relieved without the use of medicine.
Who is it suitable for?
Suitable from the 13th week (for the 2nd and 3rd trimester), but contra-indicated for high risk pregnancy)
What is post natal massage?
Post-natal massage helps to relax and re balance the body after the major experience of childbirth. Again a window of relaxation for the mother, which is solely for her.
A few examples of the benefits of massage, and pregnancy massage are:
▪ Encourages relaxation and reduces tension and anxiety
▪ It helps increase circulation and mobility e.g. calf cramps
▪ Reduces swellings and eases tense muscles
▪ Stress relief on weight bearing joints eg ankles, pelvis
▪ Neck and back pain relief
▪ Natural relief for headache and sinus congestion