Sports massage is a deeper form of soft tissue massage, which uses specific techniques to relieve niggling aches, and pains and you don’t have to be a sportsperson to feel the benefits!
Whether we are competitive or recreational athletes, DIY fanatics, gardeners, busy housewives, or stressed executives. Active or sedentary you should find massage relaxing and therapeutic.
Many people appreciate the deep treatment offered by a sports massage therapist as they can really feel those knots being “ironed out”. Some people find that a weekly massage helps to control their stress levels; while others find that a maintenance treatment every few weeks works well.
Benefits of Sports Massage
▪ Relieves that stress and tension which hinders
▪ the achievement of optimum performance
▪ Reduce the likelihood of injury during exercise
▪ Speed up the recovery process and aid
▪ rehabilitation after injury
▪ Ensure full range of movement and increases
▪ muscle flexibility
▪ Improve postural and general body awareness
Sports massage also helps
▪ Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)
▪ Soft tissue injuries
▪ Muscle strains